IAMOT is the international organization dedicated to advancing the state-of-the-art in Management of Technology (MOT) education and research.
- September 2023 Opening of the Submission System
- November 30th, 2023 Deadline for Extended Abstract Submission *
- December 7th, 2023 New Deadline for Extended Abstract Submission *
- January 17th, 2024 Abstract review notification
- January 15th, 2024 PhD Colloquium submissions deadline
- January 31st, 2024 Full paper submission deadline
- March 31st, 2024 PhD Colloquium decision notification
- April 30th, 2024 Full Paper Review Notification
- May 15th, 2024 Full paper final version and copyrights
- May 31st, 2024 Authors Registration Deadline
- July 6-7th, 2024 PhD Colloquium
- July 8-11th, 2024 Conference
- * Encouraged, not mandatory
The 33rd IAMOT conference aims to promote a broad debate on the challenges and opportunities that characterize contemporary social and business environments. With increasing frequency and coverage, critical issues related to social, health, humanitarian, political and economic aspects have emerged and challenged us to find effective, creative and innovative solutions.
The IAMOT 2024 Conference hopes to offer a platform for sharing and communicating innovative and disruptive concepts, with a special focus on the role of technologies in supporting new ways of dealing with current issues. Following the principles of Industry 5.0, we believe that technologies can go far beyond productivity and economic gains and can contribute to the benefit and convenience of human workers. Rather than adapting the skills and needs of industry workers to new technologies, a human-centered approach is needed where technology is used to adapt production processes to the needs of workers while ensuring that new technologies do not conflict with the fundamental rights of workers, such as the right to privacy, autonomy and human dignity. We intend to stimulate an in-depth debate that contributes to bringing the human factor back to the core of the manufacturing industry.
At the same time, technologies have great potential to contribute to environmental and social sustainability, allowing, for example, the development of models of circular value chains, contributing to the reduction of CO2 emissions, increasing the visibility of the supply chain and the consequent management of social impacts and environmental aspects.
The conference will be an opportunity for rich discussions, bringing together actors related to innovation with different and complementary perspectives and from different contexts and geographic realities. We believe that Portugal, and especially Porto, with its fertile innovation ecosystem, is the perfect place to bring together innovation enthusiasts from all over the world and generate ideas and solutions that we hope can reverberate not only beyond our borders, but also to the future generations.